I have been asked if I write a weekly newsletter and no I don’t. After reading all the requests I will be sending a newsletter out on a weekly basis. Expect to see the weekly newsletter in your inbox soon! Sign up here to receive your weekly newsletter. firstname.lastname@example.org
I will write an ebook based on the newsletters. I guess I just wonder who would be willing to pay for a book. Based on my opinions about New Printers, Used Printers, New and Used Plotters and everything concerning these machines. How do I connect my Printer or Plotter, what Printer or Plotter should I purchase for my Office or Home? There are a lot of questions that I could answer for you the public. Question, are you the public be willing to pay for it? Or would you like to see it in my monthly Newsletters?
Tell me what you want to read. Leave all comments below. I want your feedback, send an email to email@example.com.
Let us learn and grow together in this ever-changing world of printers and plotters.
I will write an ebook based on all my weekly newsletters.
Printer Reviews – What kind of a printer should I buy?
It is that time of year again, that demands the answer to the questions, what should I do with last years printer? Is it worth repairing, or should I buy a new laser printer, a new inkjet printer or a new colour laser printer? It is back to school, college, university or work, and the same questions remain, so hopefully, this will help you decide what to do!
“What kind of a printer should I buy?” If I had a dollar for every time I was asked that question in the run of a month, it would likely purchase all my groceries! Well that being said, I understand the confusion in purchasing a printer. Regardless of whether it is for home or business, it can be a daunting task. Just the sheer number of printers available is one thing BUT the options they all offer is another. Plus you have to consider your operating system and whether it is compatible with the new printer!
Here are two interesting videos that may help your decision.
So here I will try and filter what you should look for when purchasing a printer/or printer copier fax.
1. The first thing to determine is what it is going to be used for (ie. text only, school projects, brochures, photographs, and approximately how many pages a week or month are you going to print) Is the printer going to be used for production of any type? Will you require a fax? Will you require a copier? I had a customer that was doing her thesis on a monochrome laser printer that she paid less than a 100.00 for and wondered why it got so hot while she was printing 750 pages x 3 copies, and why her toner was empty. The machine was not meant to work that hard. (wrong machine for the job)
2. The second is do you NEED or do you WANT color? Sometimes a want is just that, and you never use what you think you wanted. Sometimes it is good just to sit down and figure out the cost of color. I did our daughters wedding invitations on a Canon color inkjet machine a couple of years ago, (it was a fun project) but it was not really cost effective. I figured with the cost of the ink and photo paper, London Drugs would have been cheaper. So like I said figure out what you need the printer for, and remember that sometimes our wants are just that, wants.
3. So now you have determined whether you need just a printer or a printer and copier, and determined how much printing per month, and if you need color. So let us filter machines. The industry standard is HP and Lexmark for Laser Printers (there are other don’t get me wrong here) I had a customer call and she was going to purchase a Xerox machine (which she did) but when she needed toner on the weekend she was out of luck because she had to order it thru Xerox, she called me wondering if I had stock…I personally like a Brother Laser Printer (just finished installing a Brother Printer Copier on my mom’s laptop). Great machine for her (wireless and network monochrome laser for less than 100.00) Fantastic deal for her all her needs. Toner cost is 60.00 and prints 2100 pages. For an office environment the more you pay for the initial printer, the less you pay for toner cartridges. I currently have a used Lexmark T650dtn printer for sale it comes with 2 trays, duplex, and network for $625.00 (includes full toner). The compatible toner cartridge I sell is $199.00 and will print in excess of 25,000 pages. So for a production machine it would be very cost effective.
So my suggestion to everyone pick a printer you think you like or want and then check the cost of the consumables (ink or toner cartridges) for that particular machine. There awhile ago Future Shop had a color laser printer for $79.00 and it came with starter cartridges that did 250 pages each. The cost of each cartridge was $179.00, so you do that 4 times and was the printer really worth $716.00 to you after a month of use? Only you can answer that.
4. I will list in order my favorite printer brands for your office environment
all other brands
5. For the home (laser printers)
INK JET PRINTERS
Epson (the best choice for photos) but you have to be willing to pay the price for cartridges
Happy Shopping, and if you need any assistance or would like any questions answered, please call Anounce Printer Repair, our technician fixes them all.
This is brought to you from the beautiful city of Victoria BC
It is important to know how to minimize your printer repair costs, because costs that arise from printer repairs can hinder your business operations. If you do not manage these costs well, your profits may be compromised and thus leaving your business in a serious financial turmoil while affecting the business productivity.
On the other hand, you can’t opt to go for a service that is crappy just to save you some cash. This will increase the printer repair costs in the long run. When it comes to managing costs and printing repairs, you will need to be able to balance so that you get the best deal in the market that favors your business and will ensure that your printers are running well, and deliver top notch service in the long run.
Printer repair costs will greatly depend on a number of variables. Generally, small organizations will incur very little costs because they have a small number of printers which are not complex. On the other hand, large organizations will undoubtedly incur greater costs because they have many printers that are highly sophisticated. For example, networked business printers are available in hundreds of models with varying types and all with different features and capabilities, which can make it difficult to find qualified printer service technicians.
Furthermore, if an organization is extremely busy and the machines are constantly in use to meet business targets, then the costs tend to be very high. A simple approach on how to minimize your printer repair costs is by hiring an expert in printer repair service to help you with your printing repairs. For instance, do you lease printers, rent, or are you using your own printing machines? In the end, you will need to maintain these machines well using the correct parts to guarantee long life. Continue to read the following tips to know more about how to minimize your printer repair costs.
Train your staff on correct printer usage
It is crucial to train your staff on the printers being used. usage By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting into problems brought about by printer misuse. When purchasing your printing machine, just know that, not everyone knows how to use it. Therefore, it is crucial to put your resources in some training. Anounce Printer Works offers training on the majority of printers found in the work place. Call us at 250-474-1901 to set up and appointment for your office training.
Carry out preventive measures
Preventative measures are very important because they help prevent printer breakdowns. Read the manual of your printer on proper usage techniques. Clean your printer, on a regular basis and be careful on the small issues which might become serious with time and become expensive to repair. When signing up for a maintenance agreement with the printing service provider, it is imperative to know what is in the agreement form first. At the end of the day, printer repairs for your organization should not cost you a fortune. If you want to hire a professional printing service provider to help minimize printer repair costs for your business, you can contact Anounce Printer Works. Anounce Printer Works has qualified and experienced service providers who will ensure your printer works efficiently.
Printer Repair & Plotter Repair in Victoria BC, is there really such a market anymore? Today I heard that my main printer parts supplier is closing their distribution centre on the west coast of Canada. I am saddened by the fact that I now have to talk to someone in a different time zone, and that the cost of my parts has just increased because of the added cost to ship printer parts across the country.
So here is my thought or question of the day. Does anyone repair their printers? If printers are being repaired why is my west coast distribution centre closing? Oh, this isn’t the first of my suppliers to pull out of the west coast. We here on the west coast are the most environmentally friendly in Canada, so why am I going to Ontario or Quebec for my parts? Oh, that being said that begs another question, are we really the most environmentally friendly, or do we just talk about being environmentally conscious?
The thing is, printers are inexpensive to purchase. All printers will not work on all operating systems. If the printer is broken, you replace, and if you update your computer, you replace your printer. So yes we are really an environmentally conscious province. Are we really trying to ‘save the planet’? Or are we just intended to “recycle” our electronics because you know the saying ‘out of sight, out of mind’? I know everyone recycles electronics…but that bodes the question, where do the recyclers really take the electronics (another topic, another day)
What To Do
At the end of the day, it is back to PRINTER REPAIRS. Is it worth the cost and that is up to you the consumer and to me the technician?
I had someone call me for a part for an HP DesignJet, and yes I can purchase the part but the ETA is anywhere from 10 days to 60 days. If you have a production plotter like this you cannot have downtime of 60 days, as work just doesn’t work that way. So it is difficult to get parts, and difficult to have a client willing to wait up to 60 days for parts, so they go purchase new.
So as my printer parts suppliers all close on the west coast, I can still go to Ontario, Quebec, and China to purchase supplies, and pay to have an item shipped across the country or the globe, so yes Anounce still tries to repairs printers in Victoria BC.
Call Anounce Printer Repair to troubleshoot error codes on your printers, and remember Anounce is here to help, call 250 474 1901.