ID Card Printer Repairs and Cleaning
CONTACT US FOR YOUR ID CARD PRINTER SUPPLIES
A basic cleaning is $149.00+taxes call us today to book
Cleaning and Maintenance are never much fun however when you’ve gone to the expense of investing in an ID card printer then you’ll require it to be running in tip-top condition whenever you need it.
Due to the very nature of plastic cards, readers, printers and the ribbons they use there will be a naturally occurring build-up of dirt that must be cleaned away on a regular basis.
Dust, dirt, fingerprint oils, magnetic oxides and environmental contaminants will inevitably lead to errors in the printing and processing function of your equipment such as:
- Imperfections on your prints – blurred, smeared or speckled cards can all be a sign of residue build up or indeed dirt or grease on the surface of the card itself
- Card readers fail to read the card
- Extreme build ups of dirt can lead to equipment breakdown and an expensive repair bill
- Failure to run regular cleaning cycles, as recommended by the manufacturer instructions, can invalidate your warranty
- Call us at Anounce Printer Works – 250-474-1901 to book your cleaning and maintenance
WE MAKE PRINTERS WORK
CR-80 30mil Cards at a discounted price – 500 Cards $53.34
10 Steps to Cleaning the Fargo DTC1250e
- Open the printer door and remove the printer ribbon. Close the door.
- Remove the cards from the input hopper. Close the door.
- Open your Fargo 86177 printer cleaning kit and use the adhesive back cards to clean the printer. Clean the printer after every 1,000 cards to maintain consistent print quality.
- Remove the adhesive backing from both sides of the card. Note: If your printer uses a magnetic encoder, make sure you leave the small liner strip along the top.
- Power the printer on. Once powered up, insert the cleaning card into the single feed slot until the card stops.
- From your computer, click the Start menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the DTC 1250e card printer icon and click Printing Preferences on the pop-up menu.
- In the Card tab, click the Toolbox button.
- Select the Clean Printer tab and click the Clean button.
- This procedure will clean the printer and the card print rollers inside the printer. When the adhesive cleaning card ejects, this cleaning step is complete.
- Next, clean the print head by removing the cleaning swab from its packaging.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the printer ribbon cartridge door and swab the cleaning tip back and forth across the top of the print head. Allow it to dry.
- When dry, load your ribbon and cards back into the printer. You are ready to print.